NATWA was founded in 1988 as a non-profit organization.
are as follows:
1. to evoke a sense of self-esteem and enhance women's dignity,
2. to oppose gender discrimination and promote gender equality,
3. to fully develop women's potential and encourage their participation in public affairs,
4. to contribute to the advancement of human rights and democratic development in Taiwan,
5. to reach out and work with women's organization worldwide to promote peace for all.
NATWA has more than 1,000 members in America and Canada. Our organization is divided into seven geographic regions. We have also established fourteen local chapters. In addition to the annual meeting in April, NATWA also holds mid-year leadership training camp in October.